Finished 3 sections of my proposal yesterday and today…easy ones, so don’t be too impressed! I did “Complementary Books”, “Markets for the Book”, and the promotion plan…that leaves me with just a couple more sections to go before the proposal is ready! I will probably send it off to my writing coach for review, tomorrow or the day after.
Also dyed 2 yards of the heavier silk charmeuse a deep teal blue…pleased with myself because I managed to mix exactly the right shade I wanted (that’s the advantage of having done all those dye samples a couple years ago!), although it did come out a trifle darker than I had planned. I’m going to try stamping it in gold and silver metallic colors, using some of the rubber stamps I bought a few weeks ago.
I’m actually terrified of ruining it–it’s such a pretty fabric, and I’ve never tried stamping before–but am firmly reminding myself that (a) there’s more where that came from, and (b) one never progresses without making mistakes, and it’s never perfect the first time. If I can’t use it for costuming, I’m sure someone else would be happy to get it. At worst I can donate it to some quilter friends of mine.
But I may practice my stamping techniques on some cheap muslin, first.
I don’t expect to get much more accomplished this week–I have dinner engagements tonight, tomorrow, and Friday–but I’ll be working on the book tomorrow morning, so maybe I will get something done. I’ll try stamping over the weekend.