I’ve been suffering for the last week or so from post-trip depression, made worse by work more or less having exploded while I was gone. It’s been bad enough that the bipolar disorder is triggering (albeit at a relatively low level), and that worries me – time to call my doctor and see what he thinks. We may need to adjust my meds somewhat.
I’ve also been feeling fairly miserable physically, owing to bringing home a bad cold from Ghana – hacking and coughing is mostly what’s left, and it’s been improving, albeit slowly. I’ve been sleeping a LOT.
But I’m back, I’ve finished the project I had on the loom (a simple pink-and-purple shawl that, in retrospect, I didn’t much like), and I’m getting ready to draw up a new project. This one, I’ve decided, is going to be a set of samples, I mean dishtowels. I have a really cool book titled “Exploring Multishaft Design” by Bonnie Inouye, and she starts with about a bazillion variations on a point threading, so I can do a lot of the exercises without having to rethread my loom. I figure I’ll weave them as dishtowels so I can do something with the exercises – odds are they’ll be too erratic for a finished scarf. I have some nice heavy cotton that should work out well – I don’t want to waste silk/cashmere on samples, obviously.
So that’s the next project – towels with a black-and-white warp – and I plan to start dyeing the weft and winding the warp for it today. A new project! How exciting.