I have finally managed to get the warp threaded onto the loom and have started weaving my first design – a simple 2/2/1/3 twill that I designed in WeaveDesign, a freeware program for constructing weaving drafts. It’s coming out a bit warp-faced, so I think I sett it a little too closely; I’ll know better next time. I’m still getting a feel for this, you know.
Anyway, the twill is producing long diagonal stripes, as twills do – not very exciting yet, but this is just the beginning. I’m really excited at the prospect of doing more weaving exercises – I have ten yards of warp so have plenty of space to experiment. And I have another “rest day” tomorrow so I might actually have TIME to weave!
There is one other project I’ve been working on that has been soaking up most of my time for the last week or so. I can’t talk about it just yet, but I think it’ll finish up in the next 2-3 weeks. Which would be nice.
Meanwhile, I continue to weave, and I continue to train. I’m kind of worried about where I am in training right now – everyone else who seems to be doing the Death Ride is doing about double the ride length/difficulty that I am – but then, I only started training three weeks ago, so perhaps I’ll be able to catch up some of that time. I still have 3.5 months left to train. I got ready for the AIDS Ride in 7 weeks, back the first time I did it, so nothing’s impossible.