I have now finished the champagne-and-red-velvet tutu, or at least the first draft of it. I think I’ve decided that:
- it really does need boning for shaping. I’ve gotten away without boning on other designs, but it has a tendency to slip down right now, which is less than flattering. (Imagine having your boobs relocated to your waist, and you get the idea.) I think boning would fix this issue.
- It needs something to connect the red at the collar with the red piping at the waist. At the moment there isn’t any red in the center, and it’s looking disconnected. I may add a red AIDS ribbon or something.
- I still don’t like the color. Perhaps I should have overdyed it with yellow before putting it together. Oh well, too late now.
I still need to put together the metallic gold silk organza tutu that goes with it. Then I’ll have a better idea of how the finished product should look. Once I finish both of those, it’s on to the fuschia cheongsam…although I may switch to a red brocade since I think a red cheongsam would look fantastic for Red Dress Day!
My cup runneth over with projects…I still have all that placemat-weaving to do, too, and don’t forget the chocolates!