Woke up this morning at 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep for wondering how the chocolate molds were doing. (Yes, I know, curious.) So I got up, checked them, and they were fully cured! I got the mold out of the glass baking dish (took a little prying and pulling, but it came away relatively easily), popped out the wax squares, and took a good look. It came out well! There are a few air bubbles that I will have to fix (probably in the finished product), but the wax cast beautifully and I can see all the details in the finished mold. The jade thingamabob didn’t cast as well – the jade was heavy so it sank to the bottom, making the mold paper-thin in spots – but I’m going to try casting it anyway, and see what happens.
If the wax-casting works out well (and I imagine it will) I may try using the same method to create my own custom (filled) bonbons. Hmm…what should I cast… 🙂
And now, I’m going back to sleep, curiosity sated. 🙂