(Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun. 🙂 )
I am making rapid progress on the corset, and have gotten the thing together for a fitting. It seems to fit pretty well, though I (or rather Mike) had to let the laces WIDE OPEN to get it to a tightness where I could breathe for cycling. I decided that the black bust inserts were too “busy”, though, and will swap the regular (=red) bust inserts back in. Other than that I think I’ll leave the rest of the alterations, and finishing the corset, until after I’ve got the skirt done. (The skirt, remember, will be a petal skirt, with plenty of ruffles at the edges. Not sure where I’m going to find that much ruffle ribbon, but perhaps Joann’s or Britex will have something.)
Meanwhile, at least I’ve been getting plenty of experience in setting grommets. I had to do something like thirty of them for this corset – make hole with seam ripper, bamboo skewer, and large knitting needle, insert grommet, add washer, pound happily away until the grommet is properly set. Works pretty well.