I got into a minor accident this morning (a truck took off Esmeralda’s left side-view mirror), so between going to the car dealer and picking her up again, I don’t have enough time go riding. (I also twisted my ankle as I got out of Esmeralda to inspect the damage, and it’s a little sore, so I don’t think I want to try riding 30 miles today.) So I invested some of the time in weaving. Here’s a photo of the brown-and-tan warp woven with the goldenrod weft in an orange peel pattern:
Even after Photoshopping it a bit it still doesn’t do justice to the richness of the gold weft, but it gives a decent idea of the pattern. I’m not satisfied with this particular rendition of it – the orange peel patterning doesn’t show up well enough due to the low contrast between the gold weft and the tan-gold warp – but I still think it’s pretty. I think I will probably weave the same pattern with the garnet weft afterwards, though, as it will be even nicer (I think) with a clear definition of the pattern.
Curiously enough, while the pattern isn’t obvious when seen head-on (as in the photo), it is quite visible when seen from an angle. The magic of moire, I guess.
On the slate for today: weaving as much as possible of the goldenrod shawl, getting Esmeralda repaired, studying a bit more about user interface design, and getting into drafts with curves for my study group.