Spent all morning playing around and got to this:
(If you want to take a look at the .wif file, you can download it here.)
I arrived at this image file by the very simple mechanism of creating two concentric circles in Adobe Illustrator, then trimming it to the size of the artboard to create two concentric half-circles, then taking it into Photoshop as a .jpg, using the pattern presets to fill each concentric half-circle with a 4/1 and 2/3 satin pattern, then flattening the image into a .bmp file.Â I then took the .bmp file, imported it into Fiberworks PCW’s Sketchpad, and from there cut and pasted into the pegplan.
For the threading, I created a line in Illustrator, then took it into Fiberworks PCW, pasted it into the treadling, selected “Tie-Up ->Turn Draft”, and then did the usual telescoping down to 15 shafts and remapping onto the network.
Whew!Â You can see why this took me all morning.Â But it’s still faster than filling it all in by hand, and I like the effects.
I did not, however, get the fills quite right, so I wound up having to do some repair by hand.Â Tomorrow, if I have time, I will see if I can do a better technique.
Meanwhile, however, this one pleases me.
I rode 30 miles yesterday and came in feeling strong (no knee pain whatsoever), so I think it was a stretching problem.