I have finished coding the redesigned homepage, and have successfully created another of my page templates (took much fiddling, but finally completed).Â I still have some fine-tuning to do, and some links to add, but the layout is basically there.Â And I have learned a lot about CSS in the process.
Now I have to redo my (HTML-based) gallery template, figure out how to do a Flash-based gallery (for the prettier version), and redo my blog template.Â The Flash-based gallery I expect to be quite a challenge, as my memory of Flash is pretty rusty and I am trying to do some complex work (a draggable filmstrip at the bottom, for example, and automatic loading of images through an XML file).Â But one thing at a time: I’m going to finish the HTML templates before tackling Flash.
I have also discovered, much to my relief, that instead of needing a new web hosting account for my staging server, I can create a subdomain of travelingtiger.com to store all the files, and presumably migrate them over to the main site eventually.
I think what I will do is get the templates, the directory structure, and the main pages done myself (which will probably still take a good couple of weeks), then hire someone in India to do the rote HTML work of migrating the gallery pages.Â All assuming I don’t figure out how to automate the process.
On another front, I have started threading up the loom for the painted warp.Â It will probably take quite awhile, as I have over 1400 threads (a bit over 23″ at 60 epi) and most of my time is being spent coding up the new website.