The 30-dent reed arrived yesterday (yay!!), so it’s time to start work on the sample again. I got it beamed on and nicely draped from the lease sticks yesterday, so today will be all about threading. I haven’t yet solved the problem of what to use as a sleying hook, given that the reed is so fine, but I’m thinking some kind of (suitably bent-into-shape) piano wire might be in order. So now the problem becomes finding piano wire, or some other sort of stiff, fine wire. Fortunately it will take me a day or two to thread all 1000 threads, so I have some time to figure out where to find a musician’s store or obscure hobby shop.
The web redesign is proceeding nicely; I added more content and changed s0me of the colors yesterday. The background is now a very pale purple, and the menu is purple with orange text. The purple and orange were both taken out of the header image, so harmonize nicely with the header image. I also added three or four projects, a time-consuming process since I have to upload a photo gallery for each project. I have gallery software that allows me to upload the photos all at once, but I still have to enter captions, alt text, and descriptions for each photo. But the end results look very nice, if I do say so myself. 🙂
Cynthia asked how much tomato soup the recipe makes. It’s about 2 gallons, give or take; I’m a lazy cook and like getting a lot of soup for my efforts. It freezes very nicely.