I leave tomorrow for 10 days in Asheville, NC. I have with me:
- bobbin lace pillow
- five or six kinds of bobbin lace thread
- 30-40 pairs of bobbins (courtesy of Donna, who loaned them to me)
- pincushion with pins
- lots and lots of bobbin lace introductory patterns
- enough sock yarn and needles for three pairs of socks
- 1 book on sock knitting
- 2 shawls in need of hemstitching and fringe-twisting
Oh yeah, and I’m bringing some clothes, too. 🙂 For a “hostess gift” (actually a host gift, since we’re staying with Mike’s uncle), I’m bringing some jams and a pair of handwoven bread cloths that I wove while at Laura Fry’s.
Woefully overprepared, I know, but I live in constant terror of having nothing to do. This is my manifestation of motion sickness!
While in Asheville, I mostly won’t have Internet access, so this will be the last blog post for a week and a half or so.