Yes, the moment you’ve been waiting for…I have started weaving up samples for the wedding-coat!Â And they are comingÂ out beautifully.Â Here are twoÂ photos of one of the samples:
The first one shows off the pattern (do click for a larger photo) and the second shows a bit of the glitter.Â (There’s actually a LOT more glitter, it just isn’t showing in the photos.)Â Do click on the larger version – it shows as more or less life-sizeÂ on my monitor, so it will give you an idea of the spacing.
So far I actually like the first sample better, but as it was already rolling onto the cloth beam my best efforts couldn’t get a good photo – apparently the camera doesn’t like to focus on a backlit, translucent fabric.Â I’ll take a photo after I cut the sample off the loom, probably tonight.Â But it is GORGEOUS!Â I am very, very pleased.
I went up to see Sharon yesterday, and she made a few minor adjustments to the coat – letting out a teeny bit in the back to help it drape better, adding a little bit to the back neck so the collar would stand up better,Â and enlarging the sleeve.Â (Actually she said she was going to redraft the entire sleeve for me, as she didn’t like the way the sleeve was hanging!)Â But on the whole it looked pretty good.Â The dress foundation muslin, lengthened to approximately hip-length, needed to be let out near theÂ bottom but otherwise was fine.Â So Sharon is making pattern adjustments and drafting the dress pattern this week.Â She will mail the patterns to me when she finishes, so I can sew them up.
We had been scheduled to meet next weekend, but as it will take her a few days to draft the patterns, we agreed that it doesn’t make sense to meet next weekend – we’ll meet on Dec 6 instead, after the chocolate carnage.Â I’m actually quite relieved at this – I had been wondering how I was ever going to fit chocolate AND sewing in and still crank out my 80 lbs of chocolates on time!Â This will allow me to focus on my chocolatiering (and maybe a little weaving), so it’s a Good Thing.
On to chocolate!