Here is the (rather ambitious) game plan for the next week:
- Lay out all the pattern pieces on the fabric, carefully avoiding the flaws in the fabric (which I have marked using safety pins).
- Cut the fabric, one layer at a time, with a sheet of paper under the fabric to prevent it from shifting. Match grainlines precisely by using the stripes as a guideline. Piece together sections where the pattern is too wide for the fabric.
- Use Seams Great (a very lightweight bias “tape”) to enclose all raw edges.
- Sew (carefully, carefully!) the pieces together, using a size 10 needle and 100% silk thread, and using a walking foot to prevent the layers from shifting.
- Wet-finish the 12 yards of coat fabric that I’ve woven so far.
- Weave and wet-finish as much more coat fabric as possible, in my “spare” time from doing the first 5 items!
No question about it, I’m going to be busy this week!