I got the hem basted up last night, hopped into the dress, and had Mike take a bunch of photos:
There are still a few things that need fixing:
- hem of dress shows, badly. I will catch-stitch it loosely instead of just basting it down with a running stitch.
- sleeve hem of dress shows somewhat – may or may not fix this depending on time.
- hem of coat shows somewhat – will probably not fix that.
- slight wrinkles along the coat where the ribbon meets the main body – this may or may not be fixable, but I’ll try
- various wrinkles in garments, loose threads, etc. – will clean that up tomorrow morning
Principally what needs fixing is the dress hem, so I’m going off to tackle that now. The back lace also needs to be basted on a bit more securely, though it won’t show in the photos.
I am really, really, REALLY pleased with the coat. It is everything I had hoped it to be, and more. It is also unique – the dress, while well-executed, is nothing special design-wise, whereas the coat is something much more original and dramatic. It’s also a way better than the original pattern photo:
So I am quite happy.
Off to fix that hem!