I spent most of this morning painstakingly sewing the gold trim to the inside edge of the ribbon.Â I then started on the outer edge (I’ve decided to put trim on both sides), but after three straight hours of sewing on trim, I rebelled and decided to go do something FUN!
So I started playing around with pearls.Â The bodice really needed a scattering of pearls to unify the scallops with the rest of the bodice, so I put on a few pearls:
I tried it with more pearls further down the bodice, but that just proved distracting: I want eyes on the bust and neckline, so that’s where I put the pearls.Â Pearls further down made it hard to figure out where the eyes should be alighting, so I removed them.
I’ll “live” with this through lunchtime, at which point I’ll baste on the pearls and try the dress on to see if I like the effect.Â It is currently slightly asymmetrical due to the scallops being slightly asymmetrical, so figuring out where to put the pearls is harder than it otherwise might be.
It is also becoming clear to me that I will have to order another strand of pearls if I want enough pearls for the back, so I’ll put in another order at the pearl farm today.