The past few days have been productive, but not terribly interesting from a blogging point of view – did some more dye samples (the new scale arrived!), and read through quite a few wedding anthologies. Mike is going to read through more anthologies this weekend, so hopefully between the two of us, we can find readings that we like. Also a basic structure to write our vows from; it’s always easier to adapt an existing piece (even changing it beyond recognition) than to stare at an empty page.
I’ve decided to skip the bookbinding. My rule of thumb is to ask myself whether I am interested in the process or in the end product, and in this case I’m interested in the end product: getting my copies of Weaver’s magazine bound together, to protect and preserve them. Given that I can get this done for around $100, which is less than the cost of books, supplies, etc. to take up bookbinding, it makes no financial sense for me to tackle it myself. And acquiring a new hobby would only distract me from my primary goal of creating powerful fiber art. So I’m going to skip it for now.
Meanwhile, I have found someone local (in San Jose) to teach me tapestry, and I’m going to visit her today to talk about my goals and interests. So it looks like I might get back into tapestry weaving sooner than August! It’ll be interesting talking to her about lessons.
Still in something of a creative slump – with the wedding only about a month away, the planning is taking up most of my time and energy. I’m hoping we can figure out our honeymoon destination this weekend – if we’re flying, we need to buy plane tickets soon!