Saturday has just opened up!Â My loom isn’t ready yet, so I’m not driving up to AVL tomorrow to pick it up.Â I have (luxury of luxuries!) a completely open calendar.
So I am going to play with dyes!Â There are so many possibilities that I scarcely know where to start:
- shibori (pole shibori especially)
- silkscreening, stenciling, and painting with thickened dyes
- playing with discharge – silkscreening or stenciling discharge paste, dipping in a discharge bath
- dyeing yarn samples for the tiger eye project
- dyeing painted warp for the tiger eye project
So I need to plan out some logistics.Â There are fabrics to be scoured, silkscreens to be made, dye print paste to be mixed up, wax to be melted, pH-adjusted sample dyebaths to be mixed.Â I plan a frenzied dye orgy to last all weekend long, punctuated only by a trip up to Sharon’s Sunday afternoon.Â The world should cower in terror, muahahahaha!
Er, right.Â Something like that.Â :-)Â (I think my enthusiasm is getting away from me.)
Unfortunately, I don’t have time to explore everything in one weekend, even with unbridled enthusiasm.Â So I will have to pick and choose.Â Mmmm….choices!!