Saturday has just opened up! My loom isn’t ready yet, so I’m not driving up to AVL tomorrow to pick it up. I have (luxury of luxuries!) a completely open calendar.
So I am going to play with dyes! There are so many possibilities that I scarcely know where to start:
- shibori (pole shibori especially)
- silkscreening, stenciling, and painting with thickened dyes
- playing with discharge – silkscreening or stenciling discharge paste, dipping in a discharge bath
- dyeing yarn samples for the tiger eye project
- dyeing painted warp for the tiger eye project
So I need to plan out some logistics. There are fabrics to be scoured, silkscreens to be made, dye print paste to be mixed up, wax to be melted, pH-adjusted sample dyebaths to be mixed. I plan a frenzied dye orgy to last all weekend long, punctuated only by a trip up to Sharon’s Sunday afternoon. The world should cower in terror, muahahahaha!
Er, right. Something like that. 🙂 (I think my enthusiasm is getting away from me.)
Unfortunately, I don’t have time to explore everything in one weekend, even with unbridled enthusiasm. So I will have to pick and choose. Mmmm….choices!!