I have just finished a major revamp of the Weaving portion of my website, making it much more navigable and more accessible.Â (I also promoted Weaving from a subdivision of Fiber Arts to its own place on the menu bar.)Â I added an entry for Kodachrome, and pages for each of my finished works.Â I hope you will take a moment to explore and enjoy the new, easier-to-navigate Weaving section!
Weaving-wise, the last few days have mostly been spent making every possible combination of errors in burning out one structure to another in devore.Â However, I have managed to correct the errors, and am hoping to finish weaving the Fine Threads Study Group samples today.Â I’ve also finished prepping the silkscreen frames by sealing them with polyurethane, and will start applying the screen fabric today.
I have also come up with an intriguing idea for loom lighting, following a discussion on Weavolution.Â I’m going to try mounting LED strips on the underside of the top bars on the castle of the loom, so I can get better light both on the fell and on the shafts.Â This is intended mostly to make threading and sleying easier, but will also get me a better look at what I’m weaving.Â I’ve ordered the LEDs, and they’ll ship on Monday.Â If it works, I’ll post pictures!
Whew!Â I’m pooped.Â I spent five straight hours modifying templates and rearranging all the content in the Weaving section, so no wonder I need a break!