I decided to experiment with drugs last night, mixing up a witch’s brew of antihistamines, decongestants, and expectorants, and topping off the bubbling cauldron with inhaled steroids, aka my asthma medication. Â Between the various cold medications and the inhaler, I finally managed to quit coughing and sniffling long enough to get a decent night’s sleep. Â So I tackled today with renewed vigor.
While I am not quite up to normal energy, I’ve gotten quite a bit done:
- dyed the dark panels for muslin #11
- rinsed out the light panels for muslin #11
- woven about three-fourths of a dark panel
- taped together all the pattern pieces for Autumn Splendor
- re-re-re-vised and printed out the mindmap/outline for my book, which – egad! – is now about four feet wide and three feet tall when printed. Â (Time to stop mindmapping and start writing!)
- reboiled the syrup for the citrus peels, adding more sugar so they continue candying
- roasted a duck stuffed with fig and sausage for Christmas dinner.
The dyed panels of flannel aren’t a perfect match for the “real” panels, but they are not too far off either:
I’m looking forward to seeing them sewn up!
And here is a shot of the dark panel in progress:
Plan for the next 4 days is to get muslin #11 sewn, and weave as many panels as I can before leaving to visit Mike’s family in Chicago. Â The timeline is still going to be really, really tight for having it photographable on Feb 15, but I think it’s doable.
Off to eat that delicious roast duck!