After sleeping on it, the last design still doesn’t feel “right”. Â I’m incredibly frustrated that I can’t seem to get it working – usually it means that there is a fundamental flaw somewhere that I’m missing – but until I figure out what is bothering me, there’s no point in going further with the front. Â Either my Muse is on vacation or she’s shouting something at me on some ultrasonic wavelength that I can’t hear. Â Either way, I’m not going to focus on it: sometimes you need to walk away for a few days to figure out what’s wrong. Â I’m going to work on the lining, which will take several days to cut and sew, and also on removing the basting stitches, which could easily take a couple days. Â There are three rows of basting stitches in each seam, and because I am stitching right along the basting line, they frequently get caught in the machine stitching and have to be patiently picked out with a darning needle, then clipped out with scissors. Â Tedious but necessary.
It’s a good thing I have mindless stuff to work on, though – we put in an offer on a house on Friday, and the deadline for hearing back is today. Â I’m unbelievably stressed (which is probably why my Muse is on vacation) – can’t wait to find out if we got it! Â Time has never passed so slowly.