The home inspections went well! Â There are a bunch of minor things that should be fixed, but no major problems. Â There is one more inspection next week (plumbing) but after that we should be able to buy with a clear conscience. Â The only other thing that’s outstanding is the loan contingency, which I’m a little nervous about clearing in time (the appraiser doesn’t show up until the day before we need the loan approved!), but those are the only things we need to do from our side. Â After that it’s just a waiting game, because of the tenant (who needs to be given 60 day notice), so we won’t move in until May 4.
Meanwhile, I am still feeling distinctly under the weather, so I only did a little bit of creative work. Â This was, however, enough to convince me that yesterday’s draft wasn’t going to work for my purposes:
(The top half is the back side of the draft, the bottom half is the front side.)
This might work in a larger yarn, but in such fine yarns it comes out rather blah. Â The plain weave sections average out to gray, and there isn’t enough high-contrast black or white to make it “pop”.
So I went back to the original draft and changed the tie-up, more or less eliminating the sections of plain weave, going to 1/3 vs. 3/1 twills:
Compared with the original, it looks kind of garish in the draft:
but when woven up in fine yarns, it looks quite nice:
Now the diamonds are outlined nicely and the pattern shows clearly.
I think it might be a little too high-contrast right now, so I may overdye the fabric with either red, garnet, or a light golden brown – I will do some experiments once I have more of the sample woven.
And now it’s off to work. Â Having lost two days (one to travel and one to inspections) I am way behind on work for the Critical Customer Project, meaning I need to get in as soon as possible to catch up!