And I’m almost sorry I did, because they were such fun to make! Here is a pic of the coat, with the leaves pinned into place:
I tried taking a closeup photo of the leaves, but it didn’t come out well – the iridescence got flattened out and the camera flash washed out the embroidered veins. Â So I’ll just have to tell you: the leaves look exquisite! Â Delicately detailed, neatly edged, and with colors shifting as the iridescence catches the light. Â Well worth the two hours I spent on each one.
Now I will sew the leaves down – just in the centers, letting the edges float free. Â And that will finish the outside of the coat! Â (I had considered embroidery or some light beading, but I think it looks great just as it stands.)
Tonight and Saturday I will work on the sleeve linings and the lining hem. Â I’m pretty confident I’ll finish the entire garment in time for the photo shoot. Â (Not that it matters that much: only the outside needs to be complete for the photo shoot, and I’ve finished that already!) Â Soon it will be time for the ritual sewing-in of the label, marking the completion of Autumn Splendor!