So, Autumn Splendor is (for all intents and purposes) complete. Â Now what?
Well, a couple of items:
- First, we’re buying a house. Â I’m reliably informed (by almost everyone) that a newly purchased house is the original time sink. Â So there may be less fiber arts and more home repair projects in my life this summer!
- Second, I’m going to try getting into shape. Â I’ve been a dreadful couch potato for the last four years. Â I’m going to put together a diet and exercise plan to see if I can’t take off 30 pounds and a couple of inches off the waistline.
- Third, I’m going to work on the book. Â I wrote another 1000 words on the plane yesterday and hope to write another 1000 words on my return trip. Â I’ve found some structural problems, but have decided simply to write all the things I’d like to say and then figure out how to restructure things to put them in a coherent direction. Â I don’t need to be organizing right now – I need raw material before I can do that! – so I’m just going to sit down and try to write 500-1000 words per day for the next month or so.
- Fourth, I’m going to weave off the Infinite Warp. Â Not sure what I’m going to weave, but it will most likely be “just plain yardage”, which will go into the stash or gifted to the sewers in my family.
- And, finally, I’m going to study draping for fashion design. Â I’m schlepping my dress form up to Sharon’s place this coming weekend, and we’re going to put in a solid day’s worth of work teaching me to drape muslins. Â I’m really looking forward to learning the basics, so I can play around on my own later.
So yes, there is plenty a-coming, though I expect to take it easy for at least a little while!