My goodness, what was I doing moping last week when there is so much to do???
On my to-do list for this weekend:
- Print lots of T-shirts. Â I have eight full-screen designs meant to go onto T-shirts – mostly straight copies of the royalty-free designs in the Dover books, with a few adaptations here and there. Â (The intent is to get wearable clothing and practice screen printing, not create the next Work of Art!)
- Dye some clothing in mottled colors. Â I had intended to work with dyeing, discharge, and redyeing, but I found out today that not all colors of Cibacron F (my preferred fiber-reactive dye) will discharge gracefully, and there is a good chance of getting muddy greens if I attempt discharging it. Â So instead I will screen print, paint with thickened dyes, and then either leave the shirt off-white or apply wax to the colored sections, then overdye (the wax protects the already-dyed areas).
- Dye some clothing in solid colors. Â In particular, I want to dye the sweatpants black and then screen print on them. Â (I reserve the right to paint one pair with orange stripes to make tiger sweats!)
- Practice four-color printing with my dragon design.
- Create some quilting fabrics by dyeing and printing on fabrics. Â I am torn about this one. Â Dyeing enough fabric for the entire quilting class is a Big Project. Â But it would also be great fun, and would teach me a lot about fabric design. Â I wish I had enough to spend a day playing with dyeing yardage! Â But I only have one yard of suitable cotton fabric on hand right now, which is Not Enough. Â Sadness. Â I am half-tempted to run up to Dharma Trading Company tomorrow, to get more.
- Make the first set of quilt blocks for my foundation piecing class. Â (This may get put off to next week.)
- Drape a second muslin on my dress form, for practice.
I haven’t put together a schedule for this stuff yet because I haven’t really solidified plans in my mind. Â Maybe that’s not a bad thing – this is supposed to be unstructured play, not a planned project! Â I guess my inner project manager is trying to organize things again. Â 🙂
No pretty pictures today, but LOTS of them tomorrow, I promise!