I wasn’t able to sleep last night, so I got up at 2 am and designed the weaving studio:
The big orange rectangle is the loom platform. Â Because we’ve got the loom in the same room as the water heater, Mike is strongly suggesting that we put the loom up on a platform, so if the water heater leaks I don’t wind up with a bunch of expensive carpentry to repair the legs of the loom. Â The platform will be pretty simple, a 4’x8′ sheet of 3/4″ plywood, with 2″x2″ boards nailed to the bottom. Â Some kind of flooring on top, haven’t decided which yet. Â I’m leaning towards some kind of rubber nonskid flooring, but not carpet, since carpet is a pain to clean. Â (Suggestions welcome, however.)
I’ve decided to add a large shelving unit to hold my surface design tools (dyeing, screen printing, stamping, Thermofax, etc.) Â They have been multiplying beyond my capacity to store and as a result are spending too much of their time strewn randomly about. Â This will let me consolidate my storage, and make things more convenient to cart in and out – especially if I can package things into storage tubs rather than having to pick out individual items, as is presently the case. Â I’m really looking forward to getting this unit into place and organizing things properly; in fact, I may pick it up and start the organization today!
Plan for today is to pull out the baseboards in the entire house, which will allow the painters to come in and do their thing relatively easily. Â We did one of the bedrooms yesterday, but it was really too hot to do much work – hopefully we can get a few good hours in today before it heats up!
In the afternoon, when it’s too hot to work on the new house, I may do some more dyeing. Â I still have a bunch of shirts to dye, and a bunch more weaving to do, Â too. Â Plenty to keep me busy!