Mike and I went over to the house last night and built the loom platform. Â Here’s the underside:
It’s basically a layer of 3/4″ plywood with 2″x2″s nailed down along the long side. Â Today I plan to flip it, apply double-sided carpet tape, and put on a 4×8 sheet of rubber flooring. Â I decided on rubber flooring because it’s nonskid, comfortable to stand on, and easy to clean up.
This platform will elevate the loom by about two and three-quarters inches, which will definitely keep it out of any puddles if the water heater leaks, and keep it off the bare concrete (which isn’t good for wood).
Other than that not a whole lot got done yesterday, but I have some interesting ideas brewing…stay tuned!