The pattern for the coat turns out to be quite simple – two front panels, the back, the cape (four panels), and the collar. Â So I cut it out last night and sewed it up this morning:
And here is the artist’s conception of what the finished piece will look like:
The “buttons” aren’t going to be made of the fabric, but I wanted something red to show off the concept, so I cut little circles from the fabric. Â They’ll probably be replaced by black and red buttons.
I’m still toying with the idea of having a thin Celtic braid running around the collar, but preliminary experiments suggest that it’s a little too much.
Meanwhile, today’s mail brought a lovely little shuttle, the result of a trade with Nancie in North Carolina:
I swapped out my full size Bluster Bay end-feed shuttle for a Bluster Bay mini. Â This one is Â gorgeous – thanks Nancie!