The loom is now fixed, and weaves flawlessly. So weave I did. I finished the tabby scarf:
Then I started weaving a sample using the white brushed-mohair/silk yarn as weft. The intent was to scrunch-dye the sample in fiery colors, as I did with the previous sample, and try embellishing it with beads, embroidery, etc. to see whether I could put together a phoenix-y composition.
However, the sample (a 20-shaft crepe weave) came out so beautifully, and with such a luscious hand, that it seemed a pity to make it just a sample. And I had a good bit of warp left. So, instead of my samples, I wove this lovely scarf:
Since that photo really doesn’t do the scarf justice, here is a close-up showing some details of the crepe structure:
All that took time, of course, and I was determined to get the color-study warp onto the loom over the weekend. So I wove like the wind – four thousand picks on Friday! – and finished both scarves on Friday. Just in time, too! Here is the back beam after weaving the second scarf:
I might have been able to eke out a few more inches, but I’m glad I didn’t have to.
So Emmy’s inaugural warp is now complete, and it’s on to the color study!
Meanwhile, the kittens continue to preach the morality of idleness. Here is Fritz relaxing on the cat tree:
Someday they’ll convince me to join them in their idleness. Or so they think, anyway…