My book launch is happening this coming week! So I am contemplating the most obvious and pressing marketing question: what flavors of chocolate to make for the launch party?
So far the picks are:
- Chocolate-hazelnut fudge with sour cherries and toasted almond bits
- Chocolate, bourbon, and coffee fudge (aka “Irish Coffee fudge”)
- Maple pecan fudge
- chocolate fudge flavored with Armagnac
- Jasmine tea, vanilla, and orange-blossom-honey caramels
- Fresh strawberries with white and dark chocolate dipping sauces
That is of course massive overkill, considering there will likely be only about twenty people at the party. So I may pare the flavor list back a bit. Or I may not. After all, anything worth doing is worth overdoing, and there’s no such thing as too much chocolate!
Meanwhile, in the studio, I’ve discovered that the 20/2 silk won’t be suitable for my purpose after all – it is loosely spun, and tends to collect dust into a “halo” around the yarn. So I’d probably have the exact same problem that I have with the current warp. So I’ve ordered some 10/2 mercerized cotton from The Woolery to use instead. It will take a week to arrive – I hope it works!