I’ve been reading up on Drupal, and I think it might be a key to resurrecting the handweaving resource website project. It’s basically a way to manage user-driven communities without the overhead of having to do everything manually. It’s almost certainly overkill for my website, though – I mean, I could use it for my website but it would be like using a laptop for a hammer. It’s not designed for it and it’s probably silly to use it that way.
I have now hired a web designer and he will start work on my new homepage early next week (as soon as I can get myself officially set up on oDesk, which incidentally is THE coolest thing for hiring remote contractors). So I could find myself studying HTML/CSS as early as next week.
Weaving-wise, I have not accomplished much this weekend, although I did get the warp properly hung in front of the heddles. I had a bit of a panic trying to figure out how to indicate when it’s time to switch between warp A and warp B when threading off two sets of lease sticks (you may recall that I used two differently dyed yarns in the warp). So I asked the weaving lists and they came up with a great solution: use figure-8 ties between the different stripes. It took a surprisingly long time to set that up, get the lease sticks properly inserted, untwist the warp, etc. but it is FINALLY ready to thread. I will probably start that on Wednesday – Monday is dedicated to processing 10 lbs of blueberries and Tuesday I have a conference call with China (work stuff).