Finished weaving up the sample this morning:
The top row of peacock feathers is the previous design, the bottom row is the new design.
- Eliminated the areas of blended black and green around the outer edges of the feather
- Replaced the dark green weft with a bright emerald green weft
- Lengthened the shaft of the feather so it blended nicely with the end of the previous feather
- The new feather seems a lot fuller than the previous feather, because I eliminated the blended black and green areas, but I may add them back – it “feels” maybe a little TOO bold, could use some toning down.Â Interesting since I really didn’t think the blended black and green sections were visibly different, but it does make a difference!
- I like the longer feather shaft, the feather now feels complete instead of being crammed in with the next feather.
- Bright emerald green weft works better than the darker green weft.Â The pattern shows more clearly.
I will add back the areas of blended green and black and weave up another feather or two, and see if I like that better.Â (The threads for the full shawl have not yet arrived, so I can’t start weaving the “real thing” yet!)